Tuesday, October 20, 2009

FNB Whiskey Festival

I just read on the internet (so it must be true ;-o ) that the FNB South African Whiskey festival is giving away a Royal Enfield again......

So now what are my chances of winning it, I live in South Africa (tick), I drink whiskey (tick), I am actually wanting to buy a Royal Enfield (tick), the festival falls on my birthday (tick)...... the stars are all aligned. It must be a possiblity....

Chances are that someone not even vaguely interested in Royal Enfields will win the bike and those that are scraping every spare copper and silver coin together to buy one will lose out. How is that for positive. Okay so here is the deal...without a hook in the water you ain't going to catch a fish. So I will be there to enjoy some fine whiskey and if lady luck lays her eyes on me, maybe my dream of owning a Royal Enfiled will come to fruition without me having to donate a kidney...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew:

    Sorry for the late reply on the Royal Enfield in Kimberley.

    Yes it was a black electra model. A beautiful bike for sure.

    I took pictures of 'gussied'/custom enfields when I was in Nepal.

    There is so much one can do to those bikes. Amazing machines and I want one really bad.

    I know that you can buy them relatively cheap in India and have the bike crated and shipped to SA.

    Anyway, thanks for looking in on the blog. I will be reading here too :)

    Peace,
    ridwan

    ReplyDelete